Monday, January 27, 2014

Sympathy #77 Garden Flowers

I was mistaken.  There were still two more stamps in that set that needed using.  I am trying to use an entire set when I pull it out as that way I can put a little post-it in there that says.  USED ALL!  That makes me grin.  Open-mouthed smile  I think this was the hardest one to use so far.  Just one little flower and a leaf that really didn’t go with any of the flowers, not sure why it was in there but I looked it up and yep, it belonged with the set.

Once again, when you don’t know what to do with a stamp the first step is to just stamp it.  I envisioned stacking these one on top of the other but that still left me with a very small image.  I used chalks for a soft blending effect and sprayed them with hair spray.  I used a stylus and outlined them lightly, flipped them over and pressed pretty hard with the stylus on a rubber mat.  (faux tole` the tell me)  This gave them some dimension.  Next step, take a marker and outline the petals to give added dimension.  Puff them up with dimensionals underneath and put them on a simple doily die.  hmmm…kind of boring.  Ah the dark green behind and add the swirl flourishes.  NOW I like it.  But just plopped on a white card base it still “lacked”.  I didn’t want the swiss dots to go all the way down as I wanted my sentiment on the front.  Using the Big Shot and an embossing folder, only go part way and then add the score lines to hold the sentiment.  Yep, Now it works.  Add some stickles for bling and call it good.  uhm, yeah, took about an hour and a half maybe more.  I think my customer will like it, don’t you?

IMG_3527

SUPPLIES:  SU~Garden Flowers Set

SENTIMENTS: MFP~Marsh Silhouettes

DIES: Spellbinders Circles~Prickley Pear –Scalloped Circle~QuikKutz-Flourishes

EMBOSSING FOLDER~Cuttlebug Swiss Dots

SCOR-BUDDY

COLOR MEDIUM: Chalks 

3 comments:

  1. It is a very lovely card. I love the faux tole look and all your flourishes (on the circle and the green ones). You are right that the one leaf doesn't look like it belongs. I've noticed that one some sets. I've also noticed some sets have random stamps in them with different dates and/or manufacturers.... sometimes that is my doing but usually I buy them from Ebay that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.