Monday, January 6, 2014

I’m in love with stamp #24

I’m so in love with this little guy.  I stamped him, colored him, cut him out and then…..what to do with him.  I know I want him to look poofy and popped up.  Let’s go check Kristina Werner blog.  I know she has been working a bit with some images about this size.  I clicked into October and Voila`  the very first click brought me to this. http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=10408  So I am CASEing her card and using it in MFT’s new color challenge. I ran the pink layer through the big shot with the stencil taped in place.  Leaving the stencil taped I ran a white Color Box pigment ink over the stencil to pop the dots a bit.   I turned the image over after cutting out and used a stylus along the outside edges and over his beak and ear muffs.   ooo-ooo  in real life he is so adorably cute all popped up with dimension. It’s a perfect card for today when we are having –54 wind chills and 25 below tonight, once again.

IMG_3414 Thought process:  Do something with the lilac/lavender colors as I read it’s the hottest new color right now on Pinterest.   Pop this little guy up some how and make it work for one of the challenges I have written down.

Supplies:

Image: D.O.T.S Peter Penguin

Sentiment: Hero Arts Clear

Stencil: MFT graduated dots

Dies:  MFT pierced ribbon from Blue Prints 1

MFT scallop from Blue Prints 4, Prickley Pear Large Snowflake die.

3 comments:

  1. Sending warm fuzzies! How sweet your puffed little penguin is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! Great coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Love what you did with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.