Thursday, January 9, 2014

Just How many Snowmen Stamps do I own?????

Stamps 32 & 33  Oh so fun.  I am FINALLY able to enter an MFT challenge and use MFT stamps.  I scooped up a bunch of images and sentiments and dies on their big pre-christmas sale.  Love all my newbies.  This is for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 158 and the New Challenge @ Mod Squad. That challenge gave a list of 12 items that we got to choose three from.  I chose Distressed image, layered image, and Die cuts.

IMG_3425Here’s the sketch, Here’s my take.  The main image is from MFT Who’s that Girl-Snowman.  the little guy on the banner going across is the third image from the cube I have been using.  The cube is now DONE.  It will likely be going bye-bye.  I stamped the main image with Versafine black after first stamping the image into a VersaMark pad.  Then used fine detail black embossing powder.  It seems that is the ONLY way that stuff is going to work.  I then used Lyra Aquacolor crayons with water brush to color the image.  I cut the image out with a circle die.  I added some eyelet coals for dimension.

I thought the banner going across needed to be subtle and stamped it in SU Going Gray.  It looked a bit too plain and I went in with a rose romance marker and colored select parts.  I had no blue brads and white didn’t fit on here so I took the white snowflake brads, dipped them onto the brilliance blue metallic pad, covered them with clear embossing powder and heat set them.  Yep, that worked.  I had forgotten about that trick.  But I haven’t used eyelets and brads much over the last few years.  I ran the two back ground pieces through embossing folders of different size dots for interest.  Upon adding the circle piece it looked too stark and perfect and I distressed the edge all the way around and then scrunched it into the corder and chopped part of it off.  Ah, I like that look so much better.  Rather than mess with a ribbon for the bottom piece and to give a bit more pop I ran the same color strip with embossing across the bottom.  oh yes, I really like this now.  Another birthday taken care of.

Supplies used:

Image: MFT-There She goes Snowman: Cube stamp

Cardstock:  SU in color bluish and Rose Red

Embellishments:  square eyelets and Recollections Snowflakes-colored

Color Medium: Lyra Aquacolor Crayons and water brush

Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, The Paper Studio Medium Large Dots

5 comments:

  1. Great colors and dimension! Thanks for playing along in our first Mod Squad challenge! Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyelet "buttons" on the snowman are so clever! I like your take on the challenge. The different sized dots in the background give it a subtle zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...what a cute snowman with his buttons! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.