Saturday, January 25, 2014

in a hurry

Oh rats.  I completely forgot we RSVP’d YES to the neighbors fiftieth wedding anniversary event.  It’s supposed to be –50 wind chill.  I would love to stay snug in my warm house.  Ah Well, sometimes ya just gotta do whatcha gotta do.  So quickly, get in and make a card.  What to make, what to make?  Inspirations strikes.  CAS.

Cut the cardstock and layer to size and run the top layer through the fleur d lis cuttlebug folder, grab the Bluepring scallop and chop off 2/3 of it.  It needs Gold after all it is the fiftieth;  no problem with the ribbon but to die cut the letters????  I thought I had some gold glitter cardstock but nope that would be silver and white, NO GOLD,  hmmmm….I just threw away an envelope from christmas card that had a gold liner in it.  dig, dig, yep, there it is and it’s still CLEAN too!  BONUS…ding ding ding.  Used my recently purchased MFT clearanced number letter dies and there it is.   That little sentiments banner gets used A LOT.

Best Wishes!! IMG_3542

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. You neighbor will be delighted. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just reading about you rushing around to make this card. What a hoot that the gold for the letters came from an envelope liner. That's actually quite a good idea. Great rush-rush card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.