Thursday, January 16, 2014

FUN FUN FUN #48 & 49

I had NO idea what I was going to create after watching this video, all I knew was I wanted to make a background like that.  I chose blue for my colors because I also had this Snow Flake,  that has kind of a Nordic style to it, on my desk to finish up that set with the deer and trees and icicles.  I used her technique with different colors and I used translucent embossing paste as I don’t have glaze.  Whatever that is.  I am entering this in Simon Says Anything Goes Monday Challenge for this week.

I am in love with how this turned out. IMG_3478 

SUPPLIES: 

IMAGE: Mark’s Finest Papers Ice and Snow; Judith stamps on a stick snow flake and cone flower

MEDIUMS:  Gelatos, Dream Weavers Translucent Embossing Paste

DIES:  MFT Stax Oval,  Happy Hellos, Mini Scallop

INKS: Brilliance in metallics gold and blue

MARKERS: SU Lavender Lace

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the video...thanks for sharing...and I think it inspired you to make a great background for this card...Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Janeen :-) I love how you experimented with the colours and products you have to create this beauty ! The translucent paste has worked perfectly !
    I loved the video too, even Shari experimented and didn't get it right the first time ,,, love that ,,, it's how we all learn eh ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That video made me shudder. I'm so not into getting my fingers that messy. And how does she not get icky fingerprints all over her artwork?!?!! I like how your experiment came out. Very nice! Was it as messy as it looked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention that I covet your "Hello" die! I'll bet that is lots of fun to play with. Maybe the Valentine Fairy will get me one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And since I'm babbling aimlessly, can I mention that Tim Holtz stamp she used in the video is TOO COOL!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that background!!! gorgeous card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.