Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sending Sympathies Stamps 45 & 46

This seems to be my go to images when I need a masculine sympathy card and don’t have a lot of time to make one.  It goes together quickly and there is still a lot of feeling put into it.  Many times I will change out the sentiment to read Going Home.   Usually I make this on glossy card stock with my brayer but I tried it this time on regular cardstock and I like it just as well.  Even though the stamp is large and meant to be stamped as one image, I always double stamp it and leave half the image off the cardstock when I stamp.  It makes the bend in the river that way.  I usually use ribbon but this time I used twine and I think I like the look even better.

IMG_3476

SUPPLIES:

IMAGES: Stampscapes

INKS: Spectrum Desert Heat applied with brayer

MFT Sentiment Tag

sentiment is a partial of another stamp

Embellishments: Brads by Paper Studio

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very clever use of the stamp! Gorgeous color! Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about this stamp because I didn't really remember it, although I'm not expert on Stampscapes. I like how you did it though, half and half. It makes an excellent sympathy card. I confess that when it comes to stampscapes I use the brayer a lot more often than I use their "tonal applicator" stamp. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.