Tuesday, January 28, 2014

92 Cocoa Mouse

IMG_3541 (800x600)

I made this cute little guy for the Sweet N Sassy challenge to use Happy Birthday on a card.  I actually designed it after one of the papers in the pack, which was fun.

When I got done with it, it sure looked like it needed some perking up.  Now I have always wondered about the gals that put ALL that bling on one project, mostly wondering about the cost of it.  But now I understand they get a lot of product for free.  Or on the cheap, like these My Mind’s Eye enamels that I found at Michaels for thirty-seven cents for the whole pack.  OKAY then, now I don’t mind using more than one dot on a project.  Surprised smile

It seemed just what this needed…except…it still looked bare on the top.  A stencil done in Ombre style worked perfectly.  I love pink and orange together, but that’s just me!

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Sweet N Sassy Cocoa Mouse w/tea

DIES: Spellbinders lacey circle

EMBELLISHMENTS: My Minds Eye papers and Enamel Dots

STENCIL; MFT plastic Scallops

INKS: SU Summer Sun & Only Orange

2 comments:

  1. A fun and creative card. Someone is going get a big smile when they get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy made me smile. I like your idea of keep adding things to perk up the card. The trick is to know when to stop before it gets overwhelmed. You've got that knack (of knowing when to stop, not overwhelming!). Was that you who asked me how people always have new stuff and thought perhaps they were on design teams and got it for free or cheap. I think you may be right. Or like you, people got gonga deals on them. Or they want to use something up. I got a card once just dripping with bling. I mean it looked tasteful. I was so impressed! I had no idea the card sender liked me so much!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.