Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stamp # 50

Here is the current stamp set I am working my way through.  I think this is one that is going to find a new home too.  For me, the images are too crammed together.  Not enough white space in them so they look all smooshed to me.  Well, how to make them work?  I do like the way this turned out; I just don’t think I want to put that much thinking power in to HOW to make this set work. 

IMG_3486

IMG_3485

I stamped with Versamark and then embossed with Gold Detail powder.  I stamped the images again with a Forest Foliage Green to give some dimension to the gold.  Run an oval die over them in embossing mode through the big shot.  Add the boughs by cutting a slit in the middle of the two  pine cones. Now that looked funny with a slit sitting right there so what to cover it up with to keep the look of the whole thing. Cardstock won’t work.  A-ha! Vellum to the rescue.  I cut that sentiment apart in the set.  That is the one piece of this set that I like but have never used b/c it’s just too chunky.  Cut apart, I will use all three parts.  Now add a bit of faux stitching and yeah, I would definitely be happy to send this card out.

This card fits the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says of Emboss It.

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Mark’s Finest Papers –New Pines

INK: VersaMark-VersaFine Black-SU Forest Foliage, Outlined shadow is Tombow marker 990

DIES: Spellbinders small oval-Impression Obsession boughs

Faux Stitching

1 comment:

  1. It is kind of an awkward set. What's with that cat? He doesn't seem to fit in there at all. I think you did well with such odd stamps. I remain impressed that you are trying out all your stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.