Sunday, January 26, 2014

#85 Sweetly Sara Kay

IMG_3537

I am so bummed.  Sara Kay is no longer designing.  Her images are so sweetly detailed.  I always enjoyed coloring them.  Edith has several of these images and has gifted me with some but this is one I own.  I think I may have only one more.  Why didn’t I buy more? 

I wanted this to look as if she were just leaving the garden and heading back to the house. The little ribbon on the fence was a last minute add on that I think just “made” the card.

The greeting is embossed in white detail powder to help it show up a bit. The little gal is turned over and stylused on the back to give her a 3-D look.

Isn’t she sweet? 

SUPPLIES:

IMAGE:Sara Kay~Dots are Judith Stamps on stick

DIES: MFT~ Blueprints 1, Western Fence & Simon Says Mini Hearts

RIBBONS: The Paper Studio

CARDSTOCK: SU Barely Banana ~ I wish I knew whose soft lilac color that is. I’d like more of it.

Technorati Tags: ,,

4 comments:

  1. What a great garden scene. I can see why you are sad you didn't get more of those stamps. The soft gingham ribbon does indeed make the card. And... Ooh! I covet your fence die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fav images. Colored it several times. Nice job with the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good reason to start digging through 2nd hand shops and the like- someone May be clearing out their stamps!
    I don't stamp and sometimes I don't even write letters anymore but I'm enjoying seeing what you do.....you just never hear from me. And I noticed when I was home that Edith really does like to stamp! Fun that you're close enough geographically to get together sometimes. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card!!!! Love the little garden fence with a bow on it! The image is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.