Friday, January 24, 2014

Springs Promise #57

IMG_3498

Remember the crocus?  With this single crocus, I thought it would be nice to show a fenced little garden.   Using all the same “ingredients” as Stamps #57 & #58 you get an entirely different look.  A couple of different punches, a top folding card and a bold greeting change this up a lot.  The Hello die actually cuts in all separate letters but I wanted it to be together and I very carefully lined it up on my cardstock and VERY carefully ran it partially through the Big Shot and then I performed surgery with an Exacto blade to trim the parts I didn’t want.  It was a bigger job than I thought it was going to be but I love the look and would do it again; just knowing that it’s going to take a bit of time as all surgeries do!   Smile

SUPPLIES:

IMAGES: Mark’s Finest Papers~Crocus in Winter

PUNCHES: Martha Stewart Fence

DIES: MFT oval stax~EK Success Border~Happy Hellos

RIBBONS: SU

EMBELLISHMENTS: Candies

COLOR MEDIUM: Copics

INKS: Encore Metallic Blue

Sakura White Gel Pen

5 comments:

  1. and it's just as gorgeous in person! I didn't realize the HELLO was so complicated. Now I feel special.... like loved special not the here's a helmet special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is not always simple. Really nice results though. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I really like the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I try not to play favorites but I think this one is my favorite!!! So pretty and such fun with the fence and the dotted "hello"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Spring ! this is gorgeous Janeeen and I love how you left the die cut letters together ! fabulous ! I would never have thought of doing that :-)

    hope you have a lovely weekend,,, miserable and raining here today, a prefect day for crafting :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.