Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stamp #4

The MFT sketch 157 can be used as a jump off point.  This is what my card ended up being.  Classic card, simple design, works a gazillion ways.  Thanks to MFT for providing us with great sketches all year long.  Simon Says NEW challenge.  My two favorite stamping sites.  The new on here is all of the stamps used.  I just did receive the Wood Grain Background stamp from MFT though, right after Christmas so that’s pretty new. 

This is also Stamp #4 of my journey through my stamps.  This is an old MFP and sentiment.  I don’t know if they still carry these or not.  The sentiment I know is part of the Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy set. 
Thought process:  Use MFT sketch 157, do something kind of golden, use up this BG paper that has been sitting on my desk since before Christmas.

I started out by using MFT Woodgrain Back Ground stamp in creamy caramel.  Then stamped image in Memento brown on top of it.  Ripped the edges and antiqued them with Tea Dye Tim Holtz Distress ink.  Sprayed it with home made glitter spray.  Added the brads.  Thought it needed a larger kind of sentiment on the front. Stamped it first in Chocolate chip and then again in Versafine.  It looked a bit “dead”.  I scribbled SU markers on my craft pad and water brushed some color onto the bridge and onto the truck.  Tiny attacher for ribbon and added dimensionals to both pieces as I adhered them to the card.

IMG_3381

Supplies used:

MFT Woodgrain Back Gound Stamp

MFP truck image and sentiment

Brads MFP

Ribbon Carousel Ribbon

Tim HoltzTiny attacher

Paper from the Stamp Shoppe

SU markers brocade blue, bravo burgandy

Water blender pen

Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink

SU dimensionals (LOTS of em)  Open-mouthed smile 

Made for Anita Emery’s dad

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love listing what I used, It is so helpful when looking back! Beautiful card! I love all the texture! Pretty stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty mix of elements, Janeen! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a funky guy stamp! That is a fun guy card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great man card! I love the subtle coloring to the image to make it pop. That is often what those intricate stamps need but the secret it to get just a hint of color without over doing it. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.