Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I DID IT!! Stamps 100 & 101

I actually did stamp 101 images during the month of January.  I was hoping I could get 100 different stamps inked up.  Now I have actually inked more than 100 but some of them were duplicates so they didn’t count.  For this milestone I thought it only fitting to use the very first stamp set I ever won.  It was the first challenge I entered and I won!! I was so excited.  I love this set and it has seen a lot of ink over the years.  It is a retired set from Mark’s Finest Papers and it makes me sad they don’t sell it any more.  I can now go to my mom’s in Alabama in peace, knowing I have accomplished my goal.

I have also been wanting to use my Frostyville Die that I bought from Simon Says.  It’s a Memory Box die and it’s exquisite in design, isn’t it?  The vintage sheet music is stamped in versamark just to add a touch of interest to that all red paper.  I stamped the French Horn over it in black versafine and clear embossed it so it really shines and stands out.  I had that little star lying on my desk from holiday time so time to use it up.  (I told you I can’t throw anything away)!   I am entering this into the ABC Christmas Challenge to use B the bare essentials embellishments.

IMG_3568

SUPPLIES:

IMAGES: Mark’s Finest Papers retired Music Set

Die: Memory Box Frostyville, Sizzix sizzlet snowflakes

INKS: Versafine Black and clear embossing powder

unknown ribbon

DP paper My Mind’s Eye~The Sweetest Thing

6 comments:

  1. Stunning. I am not a card maker but love art. This card is beautiful and the composition (pun intended) is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janeen, Just found your link over at Darnell's & she suggested I give you a visit. Now, when Darnell tells me to do something, I DO it! And she promised I'd see some pretty cards. So here I am, and just joined as your newest follower, cause I awready like this first card. Love the hot pop of the pink and the snowflake border with your DP. That is really pretty together. Now I'm off to browse some more and I'd like to invite you to visit me if/when you have time. Any buddy of Darnell's can be a buddy of mine too! I know she picks 'good people'. LOL. Looking forward to getting to know you and enjoy your work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Janeen :-) the horn image is lovely and the simple design and the snowy border are altogether fabulous !

    Congratulations on achieving your goal !! Woo Hoo !! well done !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I like how you cut the Frostyville die out of patterned paper. That really added something to that fancy die. I like the star holding down the end of the ribbon, very nifty. Is the French horn stamp the one you won?! That's awesome, quite a nifty stamp. And congrats on hitting 100! and 101! You still have a few days left in the month, too. I wonder how many more you can squeeze in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Janeen, that is gorgeous! Love the border out of design paper. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card very vibrant too, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.