Friday, January 3, 2014

Wintry Clouds

Stamps 14, 15, 16:  Making a card for my brothers birthday.  This card incorporates the Mixablity Challenge 49 at SplitCoastStampers and also works for Simon Says Wednesday Something NEW.  Making my own clouds with glitter and acrylic paint was fun and a NEW technique for me.  Also used a brand new ribbon from Collection 360

I started out making the clouds from this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp9imUu7h_8  I squirted blue acrylic paint on my craft mat and added glitter in and stirred.  I then cut the layer down to size and used my corner chomper on the top folded edge of the card base and this layer.

I stamped snow flakes with stamping off method then adhered the layer and added a ribbon.  Next step was to color and cut out the snowman.  Turn him over and run a stylus all around the outside edges to make him look puffy.  Pop him up behind some torn vellum strips.  Stamp the SU snowflake, cut out, add a gem and there you have it.  a beautiful wintry card.  Snow clouds are not white, they are dark gray blue looking.  Ask me how I know that and wish I didn’t?  Baring teeth smile

IMG_3387

Supplies: Acrylic paint, glitter

Ribbon Collection 360

Vellum

PSX small background snowflakes

Stampendous Snowman

SU large embellishment snow flake

SU markers

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Look at those clouds! I didn't get a chance to play the mix challenge but I saw it and right off I thought, Janeen should enter this into the MIX. You are a step ahead of me, I see! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.